Mucky Nutz Face Fender XL
Lightweight. Discreet. Effective.
Face Fender XL - This is the extended version of the original fork mounted flexible front mudguard for Mountain Bikes.
It's larger size provides even greater muck protection, making it ideal for hard trail riding and suitable for all MTB wheel sizes including plus size tyres!
- Extended version of the original product, used and endorsed by many pro DH and Enduro riders.
- Stops any muck, gravel, pine needles and animal s*** being flung into your face.
- Fitted as close as possible to the knobbly bits for optimum 'muck' catching.
- Can be used on all wheel sizes.
- Protects your fork stanchions, seals and bridge from getting caked, reducing the need for cleaning and servicing.
- Discreet and effective - will not interrupt your riding making it a favourite on the pro and amateur circuits.
- One of the lightest and most versatile MTB mudguards available for it's size, at just 30g!
- Comes with genuine, high quality Velcro straps to attach to the fork - It's kind on the paintwork and makes fitting and removal a breeze. You can also choose zip-ties if you prefer.
- Fitted correctly there is absolutely no movement or rattling.
- Compatible with all forward and double bridge fork designs. Can be fitted 'backwards' on reverse forks.
- Can be used as a rear shock and/or front mech guard on some full shock arrangements.
- Easy to clean as it's flexible and opens flat. Simply wipe it and you're done!
4/5 * 2017 Bikeradar grouptest - Best MTB Mudguards: bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/article/best-mountain-bike-mudguards4.8/5 * 2017 Gearchase independant review: gearchase.com/blog/mucky-nutz-mountain-bike-fender-review/
Face Fender XL fitting instructions:
- Take the roll of Velcro and wrap it around the fork so it overlaps by an inch or so. Cut off that length and repeat the process for the other side of the fork.
- Now do the same on the bridge. You will end up with 2 longer lengths of Velcro for the fork and 2 shorter lengths for the bridge.
- Now take the fender, break off the hanger tab and thread the longer lengths of Velcro through the 'arm' holes (fluffy side to the fork), and the shorter lengths through the two bridge holes.
- Position the fender onto the fork and tighten the 2 top Velcro straps around the bridge first so it pulls up flush, then tighten the lower arms around the fork.
- Square the shape up and you’re all set to go!