StemCAPtain is a range of top-cap replacements for any modern bike running a 1 & 1/8" steerer tube. This thermometer is for the weather-curious who brave any ride all-year-round. Be it an evening ride, weekend riot or long-distance epic.
Don't dismiss this as a gimmick. This sensitive thermometer will keep you on-top of the conditions, help you dress appropriately or just keep your curiosity in check. StemCAPtain keeps the temperature clearly and accurately in-front of your eyes, proving itself way more useful than you may - at first - give it credit for.
The StemCAPtain top-cap is really easy to fit. Just replace your existing stem cap. Then place the cradle/spacer on your steerer tube and clamp in place (acting as your top-cap). Finish by insert the time-piece which will stay securely and snuggly in place. See the video below for more clear instructions.
It looks great too, available in an all-black design and fits 1 & 1/8th steerer tubes (tapered or otherwise).
- CNC machined 6061-T6 aluminium mounting base
- Bimetallic coil thermometer accurate to +/-3 deg. F
- Displays Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature readings
- 1.445" outer diameter
- 28g weight
- Replacable off-the-shelf battery
- Sealed weather-proof
- Straightforward calibration if required
- Face: Black/Black, Black/Silver or White/Silver
- Base: Black, Silver, Red, Blue, Green
We also sell the bases individually. Check out the StemCAPtain brand page.
Rather keep an eye on the time instead of the temperature? Check out our Quartz powered StemCAPtain Clock.